Chimichurri Smoked Rib Eyes
- Cook in smoker
- Season the rib-eyes generously on both sides with Prime Rib Rub. Place the steaks on the grill grate and smoke for 1 hour.
2 Whole (1 inch thick) rib-eye steaks
As Needed Traeger Prime Rib Rub
- After the steaks have smoked for an hour, momentarily remove the steaks to a platter and set the temperature of your Traeger to 450 degrees F and preheat.
- Once the smoker has preheated put the steaks on the hot grill grates to achieve a good sear.
- Flip the steaks once and allow them to cook for about 6 to 8 minutes per side, or until done to your liking (135 degrees F for medium-rare).
- Make the chimichurri by blending together chimichurri ingredients. Season it to your liking, adding more salt or red pepper flakes to taste.
1 Cup packed fresh Italian parsley
1/2 Cup olive oil
2 Tablespoon red wine vinegar
4 Clove garlic, peeled
1/2 Tablespoon crushed red pepper
1/2 Teaspoon cumin
1 Teaspoon salt
1/4 Teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Transfer the steaks to a platter. Let the meat rest for 3 minutes before serving. Top the rib-eyes with some chimichurri. Enjoy!